Chetan Patel, MD
Medical Director of the Spine Health Institute
- Internationally Renowned Spine Surgeon
- Fellowship-Trained Specialist
- Section Chair, North American Spine Society
- Minimally Invasive Neck Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Back Surgery
Dr. Patel, an internationally renowned spine surgeon, will use his expertise as a specialist in minimally invasive back and neck surgery to lead the newly opened center. Dr. Patel has extensive training and educational background in minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Patel has a passion for research that is leading the way in the treatment of spinal disorders. His current research projects help provide a better understanding for the causes of lower back pain and minimally invasive treatments that can dramatically improve upon the traditional treatment options available today. Additionally, Dr. Patel travels nationally and internationally to teach other spine surgeons about the latest techniques. He has also published numerous articles and book chapters on minimally invasive spine surgery. Additionally, Dr. Patel has been appointed Section Chair for Robotics and Navigation for the North American Spine Society for 2013 - 2015.
Dr. Patel earned his medical degree and completed his residency at the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed a fellowship at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Mich. Prior to joining Florida Hospital Altamonte, Dr. Patel was the director of minimally invasive spine surgery at William Beaumont Hospital.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and a member of the North American Spine Society. Dr. Patel is also currently a global faculty member of the Nicholson Center for Surgical Advancement for Florida Hospital Altamonte.
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Spine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Medical Degree, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
711 East Altamonte Drive
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701